Blogger Template by Blogcrowds .

So finally my egregious lack of basic sensibility has become a marketable skill. I'm now the Yankee blogger for The Village Voice.

Previews, recaps, and whatever the technical term is for "off-topic tangents with only a mild relevance to the topic at hand," will live on their "Running Scared" blog.

This, of course, is contingent on not terrifying their readership.

But I'll still be posting here every day, after every game, probably with the link to the Voice so I'm not double posting. My inaugural post is here.

I didn't think it was possible for me to have even more of a vested interest in the Yanks sticking around til the end. But there it is. Half of me feels the light-headed delirium you get when on either the first NFL Sunday of the Year or the first week of dating someone. The other half of me feels like I'm in a scene from Saw.


Here are 2 links before tonight's preview goes up:

1. Photoshop is like crack for people whose days are intermittenly populated with brief downtime. Basically I get like a kid who just got a Game Genie for his Nintendo and spent the next straight week delighting in secret warp zones et al.

The only downside of my primitive PS creation was that every time a coworker came into my office, I'm pretty sure they thought I was patching my head onto Jessica Simpson's body.

2. I love this commercial
, because the girl 8 seconds in makes me laugh.

4 Comments:

  1. Brian Capozzi said...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well deserved :-)
    jimm ny said...
    The Village Voice? congrats, cant stand that paper, but congrats
    anyway...have to read your rants here

    sick Saw scene...said sufferen succotash that smarts!

    another west coast trip with no sleep...great...you better stock up on gummy bears...later
    Matt said...
    Congrats Kris. All the Yankee folk are heading to new places these days...
    Crazy Yankee Chick said...
    Thanks, guys!!! I really appreciate that. :) I hope it works out. Also, I hope the Yankees demonstrate that Dave Anderson quote: "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home