Blogger Template by Blogcrowds .

For obvious reasons.

Now I'm cranky(er).

It's Monday, which I hate. My best friend went home yesterday, which I also hate. I'm tired, which is so unfamiliar to me that I hate it by virtue of not knowing how to handle it.

And the Yankees lost. Game 2. Playoff series. Shit's about to start getting real.

The Yanks scored first in the most quintessential Sneachiro move ever in the history of Sneaching.

Cano doubles to right in the first inning, Sneach sneaches into homeplate territory, the ball beats him by about 3 feet, yet somehow he manages to touch the plate first. Because he's Sneach. And he looked like he was playing some kind of a weird hybrid of dodgeball, steal the bacon, limb, and tag.

(Prior to scoring, he reached first when Reynolds tried to bare hand a bouncing grounder. Sneachiro is basically that thing on Sesame street that was like a plastic cup that just appeared out of nowhere and could mover through walls. There. I said it.)



Unfortunately, the Yankees picked a really bad time for their RISP-allergy to have a flare-up.

Yeah, I kind of forgot about that whole issue with that getting runs in. I definitely remember thinking just a couple of weeks ago, "Boy, the Yankees better learn to score with men on" (pause) "if they want to make it anywhere it in the postseason."

I mean, not that this was a unique thought. But the point is, I guess we all knew that eventually this problem would manifest itself in the playoffs.

Maybe we should be happy they got it over with in Game 2 of the ALDS, right before they break for home.

I don't even want to go into all the missed opportunities they had, but suffice to say they were hitting .250 with RISP (not too bad) but left 10 men on (bad). Our Mr. October on the Mound was less thatn October-y. Unless he's Mr. Kevin Brown October on the Mound or something. Which he's not.

Chen, the Taiwanese rookie, (I swear that has gotta be a logo lockup somewhere because I don't think one can be said without the other at this point), pitched average ball, really. He got the player of the game award, which was kind of ridiculous seeing as both he and Pettitte pitched almost EXACTLY the same game. Except, well, Pettitte lost.

Chen wasn't slapping his glove in anger. Pettitte was.

The Playoff Veteran: 7 IP, 7 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk, 5 Ks
The Taiwanese Rookie: 6 IP, 8 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk, 3 Ks

I mean, obviously the Playoff Veteran outpitched the Taiwanese Rookie, numbers-wise. So it's pretty obvious that it wasn't Pettitte who should've been tagged with the loss, but rather, the Yankee lineup that couldn't bring in runs.

I woke up this morning to my dad saying, "Kris, it's 7, time to get up. The Yankees need to get rid of Arod. What train are you taking?"

"Arod is fine."

Seriously, let's back off Arod. Just because he struck out to end the game, doesn't mean the problems started with him.

We should take a cue from the other thing that I woke up to this morning. Which was Mariano Rivera and his best friend, who doesn't always do much in the way of giving back, but Mo adores him just the same:



Teddy reminds me of Ohyob and Arod. Basically he reminds
me of any collection of random letters.  

Today is an off day, so I can work on getting tickets for the home games, as well as getting my blood pressure to go down. Things could be worse than heading home with a split series. I mean, you could die or step in dog shit. Both of those things are infinitely worse.

Though if the Yankees lose on Wednesday? Then I'm going to have to recalibrate my "What's Worse" barometer.

Credo victoria nostra erit.

1 Comment:

  1. Infantry_169 said...
    Ok, time for a little pep talk, a come to Jesus moment, or as in the military, a little foot in the ass therapy. This is going to be fast and furious (don't arrest me Eric Holder), so buckle in and keep your body parts inside until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. First, stop all the ragging on AROD people, as if he wants this kind of attention. Now Arod, the only way to break a slump, by definition, is to get a hit. This is the time to break out all the tools and start banging until something starts working. Try anything, bunt until the teams get sick of it, or just stick the bat out there and the pitcher might hit it. Don't back away and take one for the team (HBP). I don't care if you go 0 for infinity, just put wood on ball and good things will happen. You might look silly but if anyone in the media says anything just tell them you get paid a lot more money then them, so they can just suck it. And that goes for the rest of the team with the exception of Jeter and Ichiro. The Captain and the Sonic Hedgehog are clicking like tap shoes on a hard wood floor. Now in general, when you guys come to take your at bat, you come like a Mike Tyson punch 'With bad intentions'. Walk up their like you got this, and you're gonna make that pitcher your bitch. If you're struggling, like said before, just put wood to ball. Make the infielder earn their money. You RUN to first base. Speedy guys, make that pitcher throw over to you until his arm tires, and then steal whatever base and wink at him. I'll take a 8+ strikeout over a weak groundout or popup. At the end of the game, you should be so tired that you almost feel like sleeping on the clubhouse floor in your uniform. It's time to go old school and make the other team squirt tears so we can mop the floor with them later. Be angry. be focused, be disciplined and be dangerous. Every play is important and every at bat is critical. Come home with your shield or on it. It is now safe to exit this ride.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home